A6 Disley improvements
We are working to deliver improvements on the A6 Buxton Road through Disley as part of a package of works linked to the A6 Manchester Airport Relief Road.
The first phase of improvement work provided a new signalised junction and improved pedestrian crossing facilities at the Redhouse Lane junction.
We are returning to Disley in early September for further improvement work. Further details will be confirmed in advance of these works.
For the latest updates please visit Roadworks.org.
Any Sunday and overnight working has been planned to ensure peak travel hours remain unaffected and disruption is minimised.
Find your alternative route
A signed diversion is in place via A523, A537, A54, A53 and A6, also operating in reverse.
Traffic marshalls are on hand to provide help and advice as first point of contact to members of the public throughout the duration of the scheme.
Information for A6 road users
The road closures are required to allow these works to take place safely.
- Sunday (9am to 11pm) and evening works (9pm to 5am) are planned to ensure disruption is kept to a minimum and peak travel hours remain unaffected
- When road closures are in operation, a diversion route will be signed to assist in the movement of traffic while works progress
- Local businesses remain open as usual
- Emergency access will be maintained at all times
- On site personnel will be on hand to provide help and advice to members of the public for the duration of the scheme and are the best way to find out more information about works