Cheshire Replacement Waste Local Plan
Cheshire County Council adopted
the Cheshire Replacement Waste Local Plan on 12th July 2007.
It provides policies to guide decisions on planning applications
for waste management facilities by:
- Highlighting our aims and priorities
- Setting the criteria that planning applications must meet
- Identifying sites that might be suitable for managing
The Plan’s priorities are:
- Balancing the need for new waste management facilities with the
protection and enhancement of the environment and quality of
- Enabling an increase in the number of facilities which recycle
and re-use waste.
- Encouraging the use of the most up to date waste management
- Reducing the need for landfill.
All policies within the Cheshire Replacement Waste Local Plan
have now been saved by the Secretary of State (as detailed in the
Saved Policies letter below) until such time as they are
replaced by policies in the Local Development Framework.