Food Safety Training

There are two national bodies which offer accredited food safety courses and which have information on training providers.

Alternatively, there is a Food Safety Training Providers web site which contains a database of trainers in the UK and is sorted by county.

Where can I get food safety training in other languages?

Our courses are taught in English but we can provide handbooks and examinations in other languages.  Courses can be arranged in other languages for groups.  The cost per person will vary depending on the size of the group.

Visit the CIEH or RSPH websites above for information on food safety training in other languages.

Lost your certificate ?

Replacements for lost certificates can be obtained for a fee from either the training centre you attended or from the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health ( CIEH ) by phoning 020 7827 5800 and selecting the Training Division.

How often should I renew my food safety training ?

Food safety training needs should be reviewed regularly.  Refresher or update training may be needed. The frequency will depend on the food handlers' experience and competence and the nature of their job.

However, it is generally recommended that food handlers undergo refresher training every 3 years.

Contact us

Rate this page
We value your feedback. How do you rate this information?