Threats to Cheshire East
Examples of the type of major incident that the Council needs to be prepared for include:
- Damage to Reservoirs
- Aircraft Crash
- Outbreak of diseases and Epidemics including rabies
- Rail Crash
- Storm Damage and other extremes of weather
- Major Fire
- Power Failures
- Explosion (gas or other explosive substances)
- Industrial Accidents
- Escape of Dangerous Substances (toxic gases, radioactive material, chemical spillage)
- Evacuation of Housing Areas, Schools, etc
- Collapse of Structures (buildings,bridges, etc)
This list is not exhaustive, and a major incident may include a combination of events.
If you wish to know more about the potential hazards in the County please visit our Community Risk Register page.