The Parent Partnership Service (PPS) helps parents and
carers whose children have special educational needs, from
pre-school age until they leave school.
We support parents across Cheshire East. If you or your child's
teacher think there may be a special educational need, we may be
able to help.
Many children have difficulties learning at some stage of their
school life and parents need information to help them make
decisions about their child's education. We can explain how the
education system works and how pre-schools, schools and local
authorities aim to meet special educational needs.
We are currently looking for new volunteer Independent Parental
Supporters. For more information please see our "How to become an IPS" page.
We now have more information on the Summer forum. It can
be viewed on the Parent's Forum page.
How Could the Parent Partnership Service Help Me?
- We offer a confidential service to give you impartial advice
and information. Our staff and trained volunteers act as Independent
Parental Supporters or "IPS".
- We run sessions for groups of parents about special needs
education in Cheshire. More details can be found on the Parent Partnership Service
- We have information about voluntary groups and parents' support
groups who may be able to help you. Their contact details can be
found on the other helpful organisations page.
- Every school term we print a newsletter telling you about items
you could find useful.
- We also work with schools. We offer training and advice on
working in partnership with parents.
- The telephone is answered most days between 11.00 and
14.00. You may still get the voicemail during this time if we
are already on the phone and outside of these hours. If you
do get the voicemail please leave a message and we will do our best
to get back to you within three working days. An alternative
is to e-mail us an outline of your query and we will be able to
respond to you.
- The number of staff is reduced during school holidays but we
will respond as soon as we are able to.
Parent Partnership Service Cheshire
c/o Municipal Buildings
Telephone number: 01625 374278