Queens Park, Crewe
CW2 7SE (Location Map)
*Postcode for Sat Nav purposes
South Area Parks Manager: Elaine Webster
Closing: March - 5.30pm / April 7.30pm / May 8pm / June - Aug 8.30pm / Sept 7.30pm / Oct 7pm / 2nd w/e Oct 5.30pm / Nov – Feb 4.30pm
Facilities and Information
- Lakeside Pavilion Summer Opening Hours (Mon – Fri 11am – 4.30pm, Sat 11am – 5pm, Sun 10.30am – 6pm (subject to inclement weather).Enquiries tel: 01270 583162.
- Children's Play Area
- Outdoor Gym
- Ornamental Lake
- Crown Green Bowling
- Refurbished Lodges
- Shanaze Reade BMX Track (opposite Tip Kinder Park)
- Boating now available during the Summer months - weekends, bank holidays and school holidays
- Sustrans cycleway from Crewe to Nantwich
- Main Entrance: Victoria Avenue
- 3 other entrances on Queens Park Drive
- Car Parking: Tip Kinder Park, Queens Park Drive
- Area: 45 acres (Lake: 4.5.acres)
- Dedication Celebration Opening: 4th July 1887
- Events at Queens Park
- Holding events in Queens Park
- Scale of fees and charges for parks in Cheshire East 2014 - 2015.
Introduction to Queens Park
Queens Park is renowned as one of the finest Parks in the North West if not the whole of England. It is a traditional Victorian Park currently undergoing renovations to bring her back to her former glory. Within her 45 acres are walkways, trees, shrubs, planting, children’s play area, crown green bowling, ornamental lake, grassed areas, memorials and Lakeside Pavilion. Originally given to the people of the town by the London and North Western Railway Company, she is steeped in history with a true Crewe engineering background.
Following recent renovations Queens Park is well worth a visit with Play programmes and a full programme of Summer Entertainment for all to enjoy. Refurbishment plans consist of a £6.5 million transformation, which includes support grant funding from the Heritage Lottery Fund valued at £2.7 million, with the remaining investment from WREN and Cheshire East Council.
Download a leaflet on the history of Queen's Park (PDF, 936KB)
Queens Park Opens Waters to Anglers
Queens Park is pleased to open the lake waters to Anglers - Code of Conduct for Anglers English/Polish (PDF, 263KB)
Queens Park Social Media
You can also keep up to date with everything going on at Queens Park through our Facebook and Twitter accounts. For those who are unable to access this service, our Queens Park Twitter feed is available below.
Supporters of Queens Park Refurbishment
The Queens Park refurbishment would not have been possible with the funding support from:
Complete our Dog Control Survey
Dogs should be on a lead please. We are Dog Friendly and seeking to introduce a Dog Control order, enabling everyone to enjoy their lovely Park, so would be grateful if you could please complete and return Dog Control Orders questionnaire (MS Word, 134KB) – it will only take about 30 seconds to complete!
Memorial / Sponsor Traditional Benches
These are now available to purchase, for a loved one or on behalf of a supporting organisation, within the spectacular grounds of Queens Park.
- Supply of 1 x Quality, Heavy Duty Bench, including Plaque and Installation
- Length 1800mm, weight approx. 42kg.
- Finish Dark Oak complete with bolt down straps and fixing anti-tamper bolts
- Stainless Steel Plaque – max 5 lines, 36 characters (including spaces)
- Includes all fixing and installation
- Excludes on-going liability for maintenance and repairs
- Anticipated delivery 6-8 weeks
Purchase Price approx £1,150 including VAT
For you information pack please contact Elaine Webster (Dodd), Development Manager – Parks firstname.lastname@example.org or tel 01270 686708.