Medium Term Strategy
Cheshire East Council's Medium Term Financial Strategy 2017-2020
Cheshire East Council met on 23 February 2017 and agreed the Medium Term Financial Strategy Report for 2017/18 to 2019/20 (PDF, 3.5MB).
The report sets out the Council’s plans, and the required funding, to put residents first and ensure Cheshire East remains one of the best places to live in the North West.
The appendix to the report the Medium Term Financial Strategy 2017/20 features:
- an Executive Summary from Finance and Assets Portfolio Holder
- the detailed Medium Term Financial Strategy Report
Section 1- Strategic overview of outcomes
Section 1 sets out the strategic overview for each outcome and more details of the actions each service area will be taking over the next three years to deliver the refreshed Corporate Plan Outcomes. These include:
- Public Health Funding for specialist environmental health team
- increase in Community grants
- reviewing the way the council commissions and design the subsidised bus network
- the creation of a new investment portfolio
- Children’s Services transport policy review
- realignment of Children’s Services funding streams and review of policy around charges and exemptions in relation to Children’s Social Care
- creating efficiencies in Children's commissioned services
- Early Help and Prevention management review
- review of Cheshire East Household Waste Recycling Centre Provision
- Ansa Environmental Services efficiencies and contract renewals
- investment to ensure we provide an effective Planning framework
- investment in Adult Social Care
- commissioning all services currently provided by our in-house provider, Care4CE
- Operational Pathway redesign
- extra funding for Cared for Children and Care Leavers
- continuing to make substantial efficiency savings from support functions.
Section 2 - Council funding
Section 2 of the report sets out how the Council’s expenditure will be funded from Government grants, Business Rates and Council Tax. This includes details of the 4.99% increase in Council Tax for 2017/18 (including 3% ring-fenced specifically for Adult Social Care).
The annexes to the report provide supporting information including line by line detail of the grants, policy changes and capital schemes that have been agreed as part of the Budget package. The latest Reserves Strategy is also provided.
The Medium Term Financial Strategy was considered by Cabinet on 7 February 2017 and recommended to Council.