Cheshire East Budget
Details of Fees and Charges
As part of the Budget setting process, the Council has collated
the updated fees and
charges list for the financial year 2013/2014 (PDF, 391KB).
This represents the position at the time of Budget setting in
February 2013 and prices may be changed during the year as a result
of specific circumstances.
In addition, some of these lines remain subject to further
discussion and approval at the relevant Committee.
Cheshire East Council Medium Term Financial Strategy and Budget
The Leader of Cheshire East Council has published his Medium Term Financial
Strategy for 2013/14 to 2015/16 (PDF, 732KB). This report sets
out how the Council will meet its three year priorities through
major change programmes and transformation.
This is supported by the Council’s Budget Report 2013/14 to
2015/16 (PDF, 2.11MB) which confirms the proposals being
put forward are deliverable and sustainable whilst managing
continuing financial pressures and a 30% reduction in funding from
Government as a result of national austerity measures.
The reports have been considered by
Cabinet on 4th February and updated for any changes made as a
result of the final Government funding announcements and comments
received. They were agreed by
Council on 28th February 2013. This resulted in the
Council Passes Robust Three-Year Plan press
release from the Leader of the Council.
The reports continue the established theme of stepped
improvements in the Budget process:
Reserves of £13.2m will be maintained as a prudent level that
protects against risk and manages cashflow during the
transformation of services.
The key themes within the reports include:
- Lifting the tax burden
- Giving better value for money
- Reducing management overheads and improving productivity
- ‘Sweating’ our assets
- Growing our economy
- Getting a better deal
- Retaining facilities at the heart of our communities
- Protecting the vulnerable and the elderly
- Showing that ‘prevention is better (and cheaper) than
- Protecting the rights and entitlements of learners
Further details can be found in the 3
year plan press release from the Leader of the Council.
Cheshire East Members received a briefing on the Budget papers on
29th January 2013 (PDF, 736KB).
Our Principles to underpin budget decisions:
- We will be policy-led and stick to our decisions
- We will make decisions based on evidence of need and of what
works, with due regard to our equality duty
- We are planning for at least 3 years
- We must be a more productive and affordable organisation
- We will stop doing some things to focus on those that matter
most to local people
- We will invest in innovative new ways of providing
- We will ensure that those who provide services, whether
in-house or externally, give real value-for-money
- We will promote self-reliance and capacity in local communities
to reduce demand on public services
- We will focus our limited resources on prevention and early
- We will invest in infrastructure to promote local economic
growth and access to job opportunities
The Council will continue to undertake equality impact
assessments for the relevant aspects of the change programmes as
they develop across the lifetime of the three year plan. Completed
Equality Impact Assessments will be placed here in due course.
Comments or questions about the reports and the proposals can be
made to email@example.com
request documents in a different format
Previous Years Cheshire East Council Budgets