The Mayor of Cheshire East Borough 2017-2018 is Councillor Arthur Moran
The Mayor welcomes invitations to attend events held by local organisations.
Due to demand it may not be possible for the Mayor to attend every event to which he is invited. We will contact you should the Mayor be available to attend your event within one week of your request.
If you would like to invite any of the Mayoral team to your event please contact Nicola Carberry on 01270 686475 or complete the online Mayoral invitation form.
If you are organising a public event, please remember to submit it to the Cheshire East What's On guide.
Did you know?
The Mayor and Mayoress are available to represent Cheshire East at a wide range of functions and events organised by:
- firms and businesses in the borough
- schools, youth centres and other organisations
- voluntary, charitable and cultural organisations
The Mayor and Mayoress are also pleased to:
- receive special guests in the parlours and greet overseas visitors
- visit the homes of residents on special occasions such as Diamond Weddings and add civic congratulations to centenarians.
- On-line form for Mayoral invitations
Guidance for events where the Mayor of Cheshire East is present
- The Worshipful the Mayor of Cheshire East is the Borough’s First Citizen and takes precedence in the Borough, subject only to the presence of the Queen herself, the Lord Lieutenant or another representative of the Queen.
- The Mayor and Mayoress / Consort should always be met upon arrival and accompanied (when appropriate) during the full duration of the event.
- If the Mayor is attending a meeting which he is not chairing he should be seated on the immediate right of the person presiding over the meeting. The Mayoress / Consort should be sat on the right of the Mayor.
- Except for an introduction it is normal for the Mayor to be the first speaker.
- The formal way of announcing the Mayor is “The Worshipful the Mayor of the Borough of Cheshire East”. The correct form of address when speaking to the Mayor is “Mr Mayor” or “Madam Mayor”.
- The Mayor’s Attendant will normally drive the Mayor to an event and will be available to provide advice during the event.
Civic Protocol can be a minefield. The Mayor's office is very happy to advise those organising events. Please do not hesitate to make contact.