Dog Warden Service
What does the Dog Warden service do?
The service promotes responsible Dog ownership within Cheshire
The service deals with the symptoms of irresponsible dog
- Straying Dogs
- Dog Fouling
Information on dogs causing a nuisance by barking can be
found on the
noise pollution page of our
Environmental Health section.
- Respond to all general complaints within 3
- Collect straying dogs that are being held by
members of the public and safely keep them for a maximum of 7 days
for collection by the owner (subject to the payment of a fee).
Returning of stray dog: £60.00 (maximum stay of three days at
holding kennels.) Dog release fee including kennelling from City
Dogs Home: £90.00 (maximum stay of four days prior to being
considered for re-homing)
Lost and Found Dogs
- Operate a non-destruction policy for any dog not reclaimed, and
work with partner organizations to get the dog re-homed.
- Visit schools and other groups to present responsible dog
- Enforce dog related bye-laws and the Cleaner Neighbourhoods and
Environment Act 2005.
If you have lost or found a dog, please report this to us using
our online form.
Out of hours
Any dogs found outside of normal working hours
(9am to 5pm) and before 8pm can be handed in
to the following kennels:
Field Farms Boarding Kennels
Off School Road
- Dog collection times - Monday - Saturday 09.00 - 12.00 &
16.00 - 18.00. Sunday - 09.00 - 12.00
- Telephone: 0300 123 5021
- Opening hours: 9am - 8pm
The Hollies Kennels
- Opening Hours: 9am-8pm
- Telephone: 01270 841553 or 07930399865 between (9am-8pm)
- Out of hours please call: 0300 123 5021 between (8pm-9am)
You can find the answers to some frequently asked dog warden questions