Statement of Principles (Gambling Act 2005)
In accordance with the Gambling Act 2005 Cheshire East Council is required to periodically review its Gambling Statement of Principles (PDF, 917KB).
A review has been undertaken of the current Statement and changes have been made, including
- the inclusion of an area profile
- updating references to legislation
- taking account of recent tends
- and general improvements
The period for consultation will commence from 24/08/2015 and end on the 21/09/2015. Any comments on the draft revised statement can also be sent to:
Miss Kim Evans
The statement of principles (above) sets out how we propose to carry out our functions under the Gambling Act 2005.
This policy will last for a maximum of three years, but can be reviewed or revised at any time.
When exercising our functions under this Act we will take into consideration our statement of Gambling Principles (policy), the guidance and codes of practice issued by the Gambling Commission, and the three Licensing Objectives:
- Preventing gambling from being a source of crime and disorder, being associated with crime and disorder, or being used to support crime;
- Ensuring gambling is conducted in a fair and open way;
- Protecting children and other vulnerable people from being harmed or exploited by gambling.
Any person who wishes to object to the grant of a New or Variation application must:
- Live sufficiently close to the premises to be likely to be affected by the authorised activities;
- Have a business interest that might be affected by the authorised activities; or
- Represent either of these groups.
Representations must be focused on one of the three objectives, a breach of The Gambling Commission codes of practise, or our Gambling Policy.