Statement of Principles (Gambling Act 2005)
Cheshire East Gambling Statement of
Principles (PDF, 558KB) sets out how we propose to carry out
our functions under the Gambling Act 2005.
This policy will last for a maximum of three years, but can be
reviewed or revised at any time.
Before we determine and publish this policy we consult with a
number of interested parties.
When exercising our functions under this Act
we will take into consideration our statement of Gambling
Principals (policy) , the guidance and codes of practice issued by
the Gambling Commission, and the three Licensing Objectives:
- Preventing gambling from being a source of crime and disorder,
being associated with crime and disorder, or being used to support
- Ensuring Gambling is conducted in a fair and open way;
- Protecting children and other vulnerable people from being
harmed or exploited by gambling.
Any person who wishes to object to the grant of a New or
Variation application must :
- Live sufficiently close to the premises to be likely to be
affected by the authorised activities;
- Have a business interest that might be affected by the
authorised activities; or
- Represent either of these groups.
Representations must be focused on one of the three objectives,
or a breach of The Gambling Commision codes of practise, or our