Gaming Permits (Gambling Act 2005)
There are a range of permits for gambling that we can
grant. They are required when premises provide a gambling
facility but either the stakes and prizes are very low or gambling
is not the main use of the gaming machines in a specific
premises. We issue the following types of Permit under the
You can also view useful information on
gaming machine categories and prizes
Gaming Permits or Gambling Premises Licence?
You do not need to apply for Gaming Permits if you already have,
or think that you actually need a Gambling Premises Licence.
There are several key differences between these Permits and a
Gambling Premises Licence:
- Permit applicants/holders are not required to have an Operating
Licence issued by the Gambling Commission
- There are no responsible authorities or interested parties in
relation to Permit applications
- We can only grant or reject Permits, we can not attach
- The Gambling Commission has less power and involvement in
relation to Permits than they do with a Gambling Premises
- With the exception of Permits relating to alcohol licensed
premises, Permits are of limited duration and require renewal.
If you require further advice, please contact us on the details